Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Investimate is a full-service research and consulting network made up of research specialists and well-trained local teams. Our staff has excelled in collecting data, developing customised research schemes, designing different types of research instruments, analysing data, and producing authentic reports. We professionally conduct a variety of studies irrespective of the industrial sector and provide customised services. We have been a research business since 1996.
We are seeking a freelance consultant to join our team working on monitoring, evaluation and learning projects. The consultant should have a demonstrated experience in application of social and environmental research methods and impact evaluation.
The preferred candidate should be highly professional, ambitious and keen to develop his/her technical competencies within the company’s environment. The company has an inclusive management style, where staff are encouraged to take responsibility for aspects of company development or new business. Unless exceptional circumstances dictate, the base will be Istanbul in turkey and/or working remotely in the other regions of the Middle East or Europe.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Expert designs and conducts M&E work of international humanitarian and development programs for foundations, corporations, and non-government agencies. The Expert will be responsible for the design of all aspects of monitoring and evaluation projects including the design of an M&E plan, methodology, data collection, data analysis, and communicating findings.
The incumbent is also required to assist Investimate in adopting a continuous process improvement approach to planning, implementing and evaluating all aspects of its portfolio of programmes and services. Depending on work assignment, the incumbent may be required to perform some or full range of duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Draft M&E project plans and technical sections of proposals; create logic models to guide M&E projects.
- Contribute to the planning of new activities that support the desired results; this includes providing input into assessments, project appraisal documents, and scopes of work for new activities.
- Develop data collection instruments and conduct qualitative and quantitative data collection – including liaising with external stakeholders as necessary.
- Verify the quality of monitoring and evaluation data produced, and ensure the integrity of that data and its appropriate use.
- Review and submit required reports on the progress of projects undertaken – including preparation of reports and other deliverables for Investimate and external clients.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Assist with special internal and external requests related to various M&E data.
- Represent Investimate on various occasions and at meetings, conferences, workshops and other fora as required on matters related to monitoring and evaluation.
- May be responsible for outreach to and engagement with field teams for data collection.
- Perform other related work as required.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in monitoring and evaluation programs including indicator development, study design, and data analysis in multiple sectors including development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN bodies/ governments
- A proven experience in writing proposals for M&E projects and designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and producing reports
- Ability to plan, organize, direct and coordinate the work of professional and other support staff engaged in monitoring and evaluation activities
- Ability to compile and analyse data and prepare comprehensive reports.
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software such as SPSS and Stata.
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet programs and data base management.
- Ability to work independently to efficiently meet deadlines.
- Ability to observe and maintain confidentiality in the performance of duties.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Fluency in Arabic or Turkish is a plus.
Experience and Training
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience performing monitoring and evaluation work in the design, formulation and implementation of M&E systems – including a minimum of 3 years’ experience in directing a team with responsibility for monitoring and evaluation planning, tracking data quality, and data management.
- A degree in one of the Social Sciences, such as International Development, Economics, Global Health, Political Science, Public Administration, Business Administration, or in a related field from a recognised University.